Create Apache2 Directory For Each User in Ubuntu.

When we install apache2, directory configuration files *. html, *. php must be in place in the directory /var/www




Well, for one, and another thing, we want to create a file *. html and *. php we freely without having to move from our local directory to directory /var/www earlier. For this purpose we need to enable UserDir in Apache2 features. To enable this feature can do the following steps:

Go to Terminal, Login as root by type :

$ sudo su
$ a2enmod userdir

then restart apche service by type :


$ /etc/init.d/apache restart

Rename existing public directory at home directory to public_html and create file *.html or *.php and put it in public_html directory. Go to your browser ex : firefox navigate to address bar : http://localhost/~user

Happy Testing...!!

1 comment:

  1. You really make it seem so easy along with your presentation
    but I in finding this matter to be actually something which I think I might never understand.

    It kind of feels too complex and extremely vast for me.
    I'm taking a look ahead to your next publish, I'll
    try to get the hang of it!
    Also see my web page :: academic papers

    ReplyDelete

Please Comment...!!