Install Pulse Audio on Ubuntu Jaunty (9.04)


Jaunty has Pulse Audio version 0.9.14 and Pulse Audio Volume control 0.97 in the repositories. On my system I had to install them:

sudo apt-get install pulseaudio pavucontrol padevchooser

I then had to enable my user to belong to the pulseaudio groups:

System > User Manager > user -> Groups
check pulse pulse-access and pulse-rt

Configure Pulse Audio:

System > Settings > PulseAudio Preferences
Sound Audio preferences
I also had to set PulseAudio as my default sound system:

System > System Settings > Multimedia > Device Preference

Note: Unfortunately, not all programs like PulseAudio. Many programs require special plugins for PulseAudio. YMMV. Pulse Audio still has many bugs. Installing PulseAudio disables ALSA for many soundcards. You may end up with no sound at all if you install PulseAudio. If this happens you may have to uninstall it.

Sources :

http://ubuntuguide.org/wiki/Ubuntu:Jaunty

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Comment...!!