Crack Rar Password in Ubuntu

In accident I have lost the password for the rar package which I have compress. And when it is 100% move to the planet ubuntu, I have failed to solve password. And I have to "google" and I was able to meet an easy way to solve the (crack) rar password package in ubuntu. Which is using the application "RarCrack".

How to use them, you first need to install the application rarcrack

download rarcrack

$ wget http://superb-east.dl.sourceforge.net/sourceforge/rarcrack/rarcrack-0.2.tar.bz2


extract racrack

$ xvjf rarcrack tar-0.2.tar.bz2

exchange to the folder rarcrack

$ cd rarcrack-0.2

install the necessary dependencies

$ sudo apt-get install libxml2-dev

install rarcrack

$ make
$ sudo make install

To crack password, type in the terminal:

$ rarcrack /home/username/example.rar

example.rar will extracted.

Happy Testing....!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Comment...!!